Nov 22, 2017
Total required hours: 126
Current Students: Track your progress using the Degree Audit feature of Self-Service Banner.
I. General Education Requirements
- First Year or Transition Year Seminar (4 hrs)
- Integrative Studies (28 hrs)
- Modern Language (0, 4 or 8 hrs)
- Mathematics (4 hrs)
Note: This major requires
- Health and Physical Education Lifestyles (1 hr)
- Senior Year Experience (4 hrs)
- Writing Intensive Requirement (click the General Education Requirements link below for details)
See for specifics.
II. Major Requirements (40 hrs)
Note: A minimum grade of C must be achieved in all courses in the major. If a grade lower than C is earned in any course, the course must be repeated in order to count toward the major. Should that course be a prerequisite for subsequent coursework, you must earn a grade of C or better in the prerequisite course before continuing with the subsequent coursework.
A. Core Courses (all courses required)
B. Diversity Requirement (1 course required)
C. Ethics Requirement (1 course required)
D. Capstone Requirement (4 hrs required)
III. Residency Requirements
In order to graduate from any university a student should take a significant proportion of the hours for his or her program of study from that university, take a significant proportion of hours in the major from that university, and take a significant proportion of the “signature elements” of that university’s general education requirements.
At Otterbein, at least 48 semester hours of coursework must be taken in Otterbein classes. MATH 0900 cannot be used to help fulfill this requirement. Of these hours:
- at least 12 semester hours must be taken in each of a student’s majors at the 3000 level or above,
- at least 4 semester hours (any level) must be taken in each minor, and
- the INST dyad must be taken at Otterbein.
IV. Required Total Hours for the Degree (126 hrs)
If the coursework taken to fulfill the General Education Requirements and the requirements in your major do not equal 126 hours, select a sufficient number of electives to achieve that total.
V. Minimum GPA Overall and in the Major
A GPA of 2.0 overall as well as in the major must be achieved. To be licensed to teach, a GPA of 2.5 overall must be achieved.
VI. Application for Degree
A prospective graduate must complete an Application for Degree at the Registrar’s Office two terms prior to the term in which the degree is to be completed.