Jun 15, 2019
Total required hours: 150
Current Students: Track your progress using the Degree Audit feature of Self-Service Banner.
I. General Education Requirements
- First Year or Transition Year Seminar (4 hrs)
- Integrative Studies (28 hrs)
- Modern Language (0, 4 or 8 hrs)
Note: This major has two different exceptions requiring fewer than 8 hrs to fulfill the modern language requirement. Refer to the General Education Requirements section (linked below) for further information.
- Mathematics (4 hrs)
Note: This major requires
- Health and Physical Education Lifestyles (1 hr)
- Senior Year Experience (4 hrs)
- Writing Intensive Requirement (click the General Education Requirements link below for details)
See for specifics.
II. Major Requirements (85 hrs)
A. Core Courses (all courses required)
B. Support Courses (all courses required)
C. Optional Concentration Areas
(not required, but could be used to help reach 150 hrs required for the degree)
Financial Concentration (at least 4 courses required)
Fraud Concentration (all courses required)
Taxation Concentration (at least 4 courses required)
III. Residency Requirements
In order to graduate from any university a student should take a significant proportion of the hours for his or her program of study from that university, take a significant proportion of hours in the major from that university, and take a significant proportion of the “signature elements” of that university’s general education requirements.
At Otterbein, at least 48 semester hours of coursework must be taken in Otterbein classes. MATH 0900 cannot be used to help fulfill this requirement. Of these hours:
- at least 12 semester hours must be taken in each of a student’s majors at the 3000 level or above,
- at least 4 semester hours (any level) must be taken in each minor, and
- the INST dyad must be taken at Otterbein.
IV. Required Total Hours for the Degree (150 hrs)
If the coursework taken to fulfill the General Education Requirements and the requirements in your major do not equal 150 hours, select a sufficient number of electives to achieve that total.
V. Minimum GPA Overall and in the Major
A GPA of 2.0 overall as well as in the major must be achieved. To be licensed to teach, a GPA of 2.5 overall must be achieved.
VI. Application for Degree
A prospective graduate must complete an Application for Degree at the Registrar’s Office two terms prior to the term in which the degree is to be completed.