Apr 20, 2019
Total required hours: 128
Current Students: Track your progress using the Degree Audit feature of Self-Service Banner.
I. General Education Requirements (47 hrs)
II. Major Requirements (78 hrs)
Note: A minimum grade of C must be achieved in all courses in the major. If a grade lower than C is earned in any course, the course must be repeated in order to count toward the major. Should that course be a prerequisite for subsequent coursework, you must earn a grade of C or better in the prerequisite course before continuing with the subsequent coursework.
A. Core Courses (all courses required)
B. Practica (2 courses required)
C. Support Courses (all courses required)
D. The following courses must be transferred from Columbus State Community College by submitting an official transcript
- HIMT 1121 - Advanced Medical Terminology 2 hrs
- VET 1103 - Introduction to Small Animal Medicine 2 hrs
- VET 1105 - Veterinary Parasitology 2 hrs
- VET 1324 - Veterinary Radiology 1 hr
- VET 1335 - Clinical Pathology I 4 hrs
- VET 1338 - Veterinary Surgical Techniques 2 hrs
- VET 1426 - Veterinary Anesthesia 3 hrs
- VET 1502 - Laboratory and Exotic Animal Medicine 1 hr
- VET 1533 - Clinical Application I 2 hrs
- VET 1536 - Small Animal Health and Disease 2 hrs
- VET 2535 - Clinical Pathology II 4 hrs
- VET 2562 - Veterinary Pharmacology 2 hrs
- VET 2563 - Clinical Application II 2 hrs
- VET 2566 - Large Animal Health and Disease 2 hrs
- VET 2599 - Clinical Application III 2 hrs
- VET 2800 - Veterinary Practicum Seminar I 1 hr
- VET 2850 - Veterinary Practicum Seminar II 1 hr
- VET 2900 - Veterinary Practicum I 2 hrs
- VET 2950 - Veterinary Practicum II 2 hrs
III. Residency Requirements
In order to graduate from any university a student should take a significant proportion of the hours for his or her program of study from that university, take a significant proportion of hours in the major from that university, and take a significant proportion of the “signature elements” of that university’s general education requirements.
At Otterbein, at least 48 semester hours of coursework must be taken in Otterbein classes. MATH 0900 cannot be used to help fulfill this requirement. Of these hours:
- at least 12 semester hours must be taken in each of a student’s majors at the 3000 level or above, however, the Equine Veterinary Technology major is exempt from the 3000 level or above requirement
- at least 4 semester hours (any level) must be taken in each minor, and
- the INST dyad must be taken at Otterbein.
IV. Required Total Hours for the Degree (128 hrs)
If the coursework taken to fulfill the General Education Requirements and the requirements in your major do not equal 128 hours, select a sufficient number of electives to achieve that total.
V. Minimum GPA Overall and in the Major
A GPA of 2.0 overall as well as in the major must be achieved. To be licensed to teach, a GPA of 2.5 overall must be achieved.
VI. Application for Degree
A prospective graduate must complete an Application for Degree at the Registrar’s Office two terms prior to the term in which the degree is to be completed.