Welcome to the Otterbein University Graduate Catalog
Whether you are a prospective student or already enrolled at Otterbein University, this online catalog is a powerful tool to help you quickly locate and track details for graduate programs and courses that are important to you. You will also find links at the left to other useful information.
Otterbein University does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, marital or veteran status in admission of students, educational policies, scholarships and loans, housing, athletics, employment, and other activities. Inquiries regarding compliance with federal nondiscrimination regulations may be directed to the Chairperson of the Affirmative Action committee; the Vice President for Academic Affairs; or the Director of Human Resources.
Otterbein University holds regional accreditation from The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604 (800-621-7440; ncahlc.org).
Otterbein University is authorized to offer Baccalaureate, Masters and the Doctorate of Nursing Practice degrees by the Ohio Department of Higher Education, 25 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (614-466-6000; ohiohighered.org).
Otterbein University holds disciplinary accreditation and approval through:
- The American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- The American Chemical Society
- The Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- The National Association of Schools of Music
- The National Association of Schools of Theatre
- The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation), and affiliated specialized professional associations, including:
- American Association for Health Education (AAHE)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- International Reading Association (IRA)
- National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE)
- National Association for the Education for Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- The National Strength and Conditioning Education Recognition Program
- The North American Society for Sport Management (becoming Commission on Sport Management Accreditation in 2015)
- The Ohio Board of Nursing
Additionally, Otterbein University belongs to the:
- American Association of College for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
- Council of Graduate Schools
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges
- Ohio Association of Private Colleges for Teacher Education
- Midwest Association of Graduate Schools
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
and is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
The provisions of this Catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between the student and Otterbein University. This Catalog has attempted to present information regarding admission requirements and the general rules and regulations of the University in as accurate and up-to-date fashion as possible. This does not, however, preclude the possibility of changes taking place during the academic year. If such changes occur, they will be publicized through normal channels and will be included in the next edition of the Catalog.