2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]
2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog
Welcome to the Otterbein University Undergraduate Catalog
Whether you are a prospective student or already enrolled at Otterbein University, this online catalog is a powerful tool to help you quickly locate and track details for undergraduate programs and courses that are important to you. You will also find links at the left to other useful information.
Look throughout the catalog for links to add programs and courses to your personal Portfolio. Retrieve your saved preferences using the My Portfolio link in the navigation bar.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Admission:
Otterbein University Office of Admission
1 South Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081
Telephone: (800) 488-8144
Otterbein University does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, color, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, marital or veteran status in admission of students, educational policies, scholarships and loans, housing, athletics, employment, and other activities. Inquiries regarding compliance with federal nondiscrimination regulations may be directed to the Chairperson of the Affirmative Action committee; the Vice President for Academic Affairs; or the Director of Human Resources.
Otterbein University holds regional accreditation from The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604 (800-621-7440; ncahigherlearningcommission.org).
Otterbein University is authorized to offer Baccalaureate, Masters and the Doctorate of Nursing Practice degrees by the Ohio Board of Regents, 30 East Broad Street, 36th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215 (614-466-6000; ohiohighered.org).
Otterbein University holds disciplinary accreditation and approval through:
- The American Association for Health Education
- The American Chemical Society
- The Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- The National Association of Schools of Music
- The National Association of Schools of Theatre
- The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- The National Strength and Conditioning Education Recognition Program
- The North American Society for Sport Management
- The Ohio Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- The Ohio Board of Nursing
Additionally, Otterbein University belongs to the American Council on Education, the Association of American Colleges and Universities, the Council of Independent Colleges, and the Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges, and is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
The provisions of this Catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between the student and Otterbein University. This Catalog has attempted to present information regarding admission requirements and the general rules and regulations of the University in as accurate and up-to-date fashion as possible. This does not, however, preclude the possibility of changes taking place during the academic year. If such changes occur, they will be publicized through normal channels and will be included in the next edition of the Catalog.