Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

B.S. in Actuarial Science

Otterbein University Course Catalogs

2010-2011 Graduate Catalog 
    Jun 21, 2021  
2010-2011 Graduate Catalog [Archived Catalog]

Financial Aid

Degree-seeking graduate students are eligible to be considered for a variety of loans. Four credit hour (half–time) enrollment is required for federal student loans. Graduate students enrolled in non-degree, licensure, or certificate programs should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility for federal financial aid.

To Apply for Financial Aid at Otterbein:

  • Apply for a PIN with the U.S. Department of Education (USDE). This personal identification number is necessary to use various USDE online systems and to electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • File the FAFSA electronically using Otterbein’s Title IV Code. Code is 003110. The FAFSA should be filed as soon as possible after January 1.
  • Complete the Otterbein University Graduate Student Institutional Aid Form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. This form is available at the Financial Aid Office and on the Financial Aid Office’s website,

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Top ^

Federal regulations require that Otterbein University monitor academic progress of students who apply for and/or receive federal financial aid. To remain eligible for financial aid, recipients are required to show satisfactory academic progress toward a degree.

Students who fail to make satisfactory academic progress are subject to the loss of federal financial aid. Students who fall below the defined standard for satisfactory academic progress will be warned in writing. Students who receive a warning will have to be in compliance with the defined standard within two quarters or federally-funded financial aid will be forfeited. Warnings are issued as a courtesy; students must assume full responsibility for monitoring their own satisfactory academic progress. The University reserves the right to refuse registration to students who are failing to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degrees.

Students enrolled in graduate level courses are considered to be making satisfactory academic progress for purposes of financial aid eligibility only if they are in good academic standing with the University. The policy also includes a quantitative measure (percentage of courses completed) and a maximum time frame not to exceed 150% of the published length of the program measured in academic years or terms of enrollment. Courses in which IP’s, R’s and W’s are received are considered attempted credit hours.

Any appeal to an academic progress decision may be submitted to Academic Council through the Academic Affairs Office no later than four weeks prior to the start of the quarter. The decision of Academic Council may allow students to have up to two quarters of federal assistance while on probation.

Fee Payment Plans

Top ^

Please refer to the section on Tuition, Fees and Payment Plans .

MBA Students

Top ^

The Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce offers a scholarship for a qualified applicant who has been accepted into the MBA program. More information is available at the Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce website, or by email at

Graduate Education Students

Top ^

Otterbein University has fee waiver agreements with most Central Ohio school districts. Teachers who are interested in receiving a fee waiver should contact their district for availability, application deadlines, and information on application procedures.

Graduate Nursing Students

Top ^
  • The National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program provides for the repayment of educational loans for nurse practitioner students made in exchange for a commitment to work in a medically under served area. Additional information may be found at or by calling 1-800-221-9393.
  • The National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program provides scholarships and stipends for nurse practitioner students who work at NHSC sites for specified period of time after graduation. applications are available for fall and application deadlines are around March. Applicants need to be in the last year of their program. Additional information can be found at or by calling 1-800-638-0824.
  • The Nurses Educational Funds, Inc. 555 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019 provides scholarships for registered nurses who are seeking a master’s degree. Scholarships range from $2,500 to $10,000. Selection is based on academic excellence. Additional information may be found at or by calling 1-212-399-1428.
  • Kappa Lamba Scholarships are available in the spring from the Nursing Department. Contact the Otterbein University Nursing Department for additional information.
  • Information on the Mid-Ohio District Nurses Association Scholarship is available by calling 614-486-8685.
  • The Ohio Nurses Association offers interest-free educational loans for members. For additional information, write to the ONA, 4000 E. Main St., Columbus, OH 43213-2983.
  • Nurse Anesthesia Traineeships (available to second and third year students): contact Dr. Elizabeth Seibert (614)821-1326.
  • American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Foundation (AANA-F) Student Scholarships: The AANA-F awards more than 50 scholarsships for nurse anesthesia programs. Requirements for each AANA-F scholarship and the amount awarded vary. Applications are available in spring from Dr. Elizabeth Seibert (614)821-1326.